Congratulations to one of IAHPC’s Recognition Award winners: the Tirana team of Ryder Albania Association. Learn this team's names, and find out about this and the other winners in the News section. Photo used with permission.
Table of Contents
- Dear Readers Lukas and Liliana reveal the winners of the IAHPC Recognition Awards, urge governments to suggest adding palliative care to a WHO treaty on pandemic preparedness, show appreciation for Dr. Marie-Charlotte Bouësseau's major contribution to palliative care globally, and give a glimpse into Zoom meetings uniting the new 2023 IAHPC Board.
- Policy & Advocacy Dr. Katherine Pettus: Urge governments to include palliative care in the WHO pandemic preparedness and response treaty, the 66th Commission on Narcotic Drugs, and other advocacy news.
- IAHPC News
- Meet the winners of the 2023 Institutional Recognition Awards: ORJEDEC (Togo), Karunashraya (India), Ryder Albania Association (Albania).
- Compassionate Communities: the theme for this year’s World Hospice and Palliative Care Day.
- Ready for more data: IAHPC’s Global Palliative Care Database on first consults.
- Agenda items at the first 2023 IAHPC Board meeting.
- Tidbits Caregivers in India speak about their challenges; Oceanic conference abstract deadline; nominations for the inaugural Cynthia Goh Award; Hindi e-course on pediatric palliative care; new edition of Wound Care at the End of Life.
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar.
- Featured Story Quality communication: Board Member Barry Ashpole on improving palliative care through verbal and nonverbal means.
- Delicious! Easy, Flavorful Microwave Meatloaf recipe from Mary Callaway, USA.
- Membership Matters New & Renewing Members’ List
- Last Month’s Donors
Liliana de Lima
The contents of this newsletter, including (but not limited to) all written material, images, photos are protected under international copyright laws and are property of the IAHPC. You may share the IAHPC newsletter preserving the original design, the IAHPC logo, and the link to the IAHPC website, but you are not allowed to reproduce, modify, or republish any material without prior written permission from the IAHPC.