Our lead photo is a composite of IAHPC’s full board as of January 2023. Learn more about the 10 newest members, who joined this year, in the News section. The board comprises: (top row, L-R) Chair Lukas Radbruch, Roberto Wenk, Executive Director Liliana De Lima, Alejandra Palma, Barry Ashpole, Ebtesam Ahmed; (middle row) Felicia Knaul, Gulnara Kunirova, Hanan Saca-Hazboun, Hibah Osman, Kim Adzich, Maria Cigolini, Mary Callaway; (bottom row) Maya Jane Bates, Natalie Greaves, Stella Mwari Rithara, Veronica Dussel, Victoria Hewitt, and William Farr.
Table of Contents
- Dear Readers Lukas and Liliana on changes this new year, and a hint of exciting IAHPC projects to come.
- Letters to the Editor Parting words from some outgoing board members.
- Policy & Advocacy Preparations are afoot for several high-level meetings attended by Katherine Pettus and her team of Advocacy Focal Points. Care to join?
Plus: Mapping Our Advocacy—see where Katherine Pettus & her team of Advocacy Focal Points participated in, or led, regional & global advocacy events in 2022.
- IAHPC News
- IAHPC’s 2023 Board: Meet our new members.
- Our new logo, and why we chose it.
- Tidbits Katherine Pettus has a new role with the PHPCI, and upcoming notables.
- Reader Recommended Ira Byock’s “Hierarchy of Human Caring” pyramid.
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar.
- Grants in Action What I Learned: Reports from IAHPC Scholars who attended the McGill Palliative Care Congress.
- Featured Story Gulnara Kunirova: Why She Believes in Miracles.
- Lessons from the Literature Under My Microscope Tania Pastrana’s column in 2023 will present updates on current IAHPC research.
- Introducing... Bayt Abdullah Children’s Hospice, Kuwait.
- Membership Matters
- Meet New Lifetime Members: Dr. Justin Woods, USA; Dr. Neil Nijhawan, UAE.
- Delicious Easy, economical Egg Pudding. Send us the recipe for one of your favorite dishes!
- New & Renewing Members’ List
- Last Month’s Donors
Liliana de Lima