Our lead photo is a composite of IAHPC’s full board as of January 2023. Learn more about the 10 newest members, who joined this year, in the News section. The board comprises: (top row, L-R) Chair Lukas Radbruch, Roberto Wenk, Executive Director Liliana De Lima, Alejandra Palma, Barry Ashpole, Ebtesam Ahmed; (middle row) Felicia Knaul, Gulnara Kunirova, Hanan Saca-Hazboun, Hibah Osman, Kim Adzich, Maria Cigolini, Mary Callaway; (bottom row) Maya Jane Bates, Natalie Greaves, Stella Mwari Rithara, Veronica Dussel, Victoria Hewitt, and William Farr.
Table of Contents
- Dear Readers Lukas and Liliana on changes this new year, and a hint of exciting IAHPC projects to come.
- Letters to the Editor Parting words from some outgoing board members.
- Policy & Advocacy Preparations are afoot for several high-level meetings attended by Katherine Pettus and her team of Advocacy Focal Points. Care to join?
Plus: Mapping Our Advocacy—see where Katherine Pettus & her team of Advocacy Focal Points participated in, or led, regional & global advocacy events in 2022.
- IAHPC News
- IAHPC’s 2023 Board: Meet our new members.
- Our new logo, and why we chose it.
- Tidbits Katherine Pettus has a new role with the PHPCI, and upcoming notables.
- Reader Recommended Ira Byock’s “Hierarchy of Human Caring” pyramid.
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar.
- Grants in Action What I Learned: Reports from IAHPC Scholars who attended the McGill Palliative Care Congress.
- Featured Story Gulnara Kunirova: Why She Believes in Miracles.
- Lessons from the Literature Under My Microscope Tania Pastrana’s column in 2023 will present updates on current IAHPC research.
- Introducing... Bayt Abdullah Children’s Hospice, Kuwait.
- Membership Matters
- Meet New Lifetime Members: Dr. Justin Woods, USA; Dr. Neil Nijhawan, UAE.
- Delicious Easy, economical Egg Pudding. Send us the recipe for one of your favorite dishes!
- New & Renewing Members’ List
- Last Month’s Donors
Liliana de Lima
The contents of this newsletter, including (but not limited to) all written material, images, photos are protected under international copyright laws and are property of the IAHPC. You may share the IAHPC newsletter preserving the original design, the IAHPC logo, and the link to the IAHPC website, but you are not allowed to reproduce, modify, or republish any material without prior written permission from the IAHPC.