What does palliative care look like where you live? Show us for a chance to win IAHPC's 2023 Photo Contest: see details in the News section. This composite is slices of winning photos from the last contest, showing palliative care in Burkina Faso, Lesotho, and Pakistan.
Table of Contents
- Dear Readers A mix from Lukas and Liliana: IAHPC's special issue, a tribute to Lucy Watts, EAPC Scholars, and books for members.
- Policy & Advocacy Katherine Pettus reports on high-level meetings (World Health Assembly, UN Open-Ended Working Group on Ageing), an IAHPC webinar and plans for more, opposition to physician-assisted dying via telehealth, update on the WHO pandemic preparedness treaty, and a terrific EOL University podcast.
- Special Advocacy Report Easy to do, yet so inspiring: Kristin Forner's experience advocating for palliative care at the United Nations.
- IAHPC News
- IAHPC launches its 2023 Photo Contest. Win a cash prize & membership extension!
- New & upcoming member benefits: it's a great time to join the IAHPC.
- New IAHPC appeals & what we hope you'll do with them: share!
- IAHPC Scholars heading to the EAPC World Congress.
- Reader Recommended CUDECA's YouTube channel.
- Great idea! A hospice café.
- Tidbits Palliversations video #3 on rural India; tips on talking to media about palliative care, 2 job postings for Doctors Without Borders, blogs from the frontlines in Khartoum, Sudan.
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar.
- Featured Story My Cancer Journey, by IAHPC Board Member Ebtesam Ahmed.
- Movie Review Live the Life You Please, reviewed by Frank Brennan. Also, a Q&A with retired palliative care physician Dr. David Clark about his 2022 play, Cicely and David (a different David!)
- Lessons from the Literature On My Radar AI in palliative care: ethical concerns & research opportunities, compiled by Barry Ashpole.
- Membership Matters
- Delicious! Delicioso! Délicieux! Pecan & Rolled Oats Pancakes recipe, by Debra Pledger-Fonte. Share one of your favorite recipes.
- New & Renewing Members’ List
- Last Month’s Donors
Liliana de Lima
The contents of this newsletter, including (but not limited to) all written material, images, photos are protected under international copyright laws and are property of the IAHPC. You may share the IAHPC newsletter preserving the original design, the IAHPC logo, and the link to the IAHPC website, but you are not allowed to reproduce, modify, or republish any material without prior written permission from the IAHPC.