What does palliative care look like where you live? Show us for a chance to win IAHPC's 2023 Photo Contest: see details in the News section. This composite is slices of winning photos from the last contest, showing palliative care in Burkina Faso, Lesotho, and Pakistan.
Table of Contents
- Dear Readers A mix from Lukas and Liliana: IAHPC's special issue, a tribute to Lucy Watts, EAPC Scholars, and books for members.
- Policy & Advocacy Katherine Pettus reports on high-level meetings (World Health Assembly, UN Open-Ended Working Group on Ageing), an IAHPC webinar and plans for more, opposition to physician-assisted dying via telehealth, update on the WHO pandemic preparedness treaty, and a terrific EOL University podcast.
- Special Advocacy Report Easy to do, yet so inspiring: Kristin Forner's experience advocating for palliative care at the United Nations.
- IAHPC News
- IAHPC launches its 2023 Photo Contest. Win a cash prize & membership extension!
- New & upcoming member benefits: it's a great time to join the IAHPC.
- New IAHPC appeals & what we hope you'll do with them: share!
- IAHPC Scholars heading to the EAPC World Congress.
- Reader Recommended CUDECA's YouTube channel.
- Great idea! A hospice café.
- Tidbits Palliversations video #3 on rural India; tips on talking to media about palliative care, 2 job postings for Doctors Without Borders, blogs from the frontlines in Khartoum, Sudan.
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar.
- Featured Story My Cancer Journey, by IAHPC Board Member Ebtesam Ahmed.
- Movie Review Live the Life You Please, reviewed by Frank Brennan. Also, a Q&A with retired palliative care physician Dr. David Clark about his 2022 play, Cicely and David (a different David!)
- Lessons from the Literature On My Radar AI in palliative care: ethical concerns & research opportunities, compiled by Barry Ashpole.
- Membership Matters
- Delicious! Delicioso! Délicieux! Pecan & Rolled Oats Pancakes recipe, by Debra Pledger-Fonte. Share one of your favorite recipes.
- New & Renewing Members’ List
- Last Month’s Donors
Liliana de Lima