This image is from a video created as the summary findings of IAHPC member Dr. Maya Jane Bates’s PhD dissertation. Illustrated by Emily Mills, the video premiered at the 2022 EAPC Research Awards. Used with permission. Copyright: Maya Jane Bates.
Table of Contents
- Dear Readers An amazing intervention & an unhappy truth: we need your support now more than ever.
- Policy & Advocacy Joined at the hip: international drug policy & essential palliative care medicines.
- IAHPC News
- Incredible Response to Information-Packed IAHPC Pain Course.
- Meet IAHPC Scholars attending PHPCI 2022.
- Coming Up Member survey on MAiD; course on the assessment and treatment of physical symptoms other than pain.
- Reminder August application deadlines for APAD Program & ALCP congress scholarships.
- What’s New in the Calendar
- Tidbits Palliversations video series launched; an illustrated video on palliative care & poverty reduction; and a global survey on end-of-life care for LGBTQ+ people.
- Featured Story A peek into modules 4 through 6 of IAHPC’s Comprehensive Pain Assessment and Management Course: opioid therapy & rotation, neuropathic & musculoskeletal pain.
- Book Review & New on the Shelf His Voice, by Rime Pande, reviewed by Dr. M.R. Rajagopal. Plus: A selection of recently published books on palliative care.
- Lessons from the Literature
On My Radar Barry Ashpole has a new focus when culling palliative care journals: end-of-life care for underserved & vulnerable populations.
- Membership Matters New & Renewing Members’ List
- Last Month’s Donors
Liliana de Lima
The contents of this newsletter, including (but not limited to) all written material, images, photos are protected under international copyright laws and are property of the IAHPC. You may share the IAHPC newsletter preserving the original design, the IAHPC logo, and the link to the IAHPC website, but you are not allowed to reproduce, modify, or republish any material without prior written permission from the IAHPC.