On World Hospice and Palliative Care Day in Kazakhstan, 30 hospice support project volunteers celebrated by hiking to the Zaili mountains’ landmark—the Medeu Mudflow Control Dam. Photo submitted by Gulnara Kunirova. Used with permission.
Table of Contents
- Message from the Chair & Executive Director Lukas and Liliana explain that the number of longtime funders of palliative care is shrinking, and describe why your membership or donation is essential.
- Policy & Advocacy Dr. Katherine Pettus reports on a collaboration with United Nations University, an EAPC pre-congress session on expanding access to services, events in the US, India, and Western Pacific region, plus an Advocacy Course update.
- Grants in Action Reports from IAHPC Scholars (from Buenos Aires, Burkina Faso, Kuala Lumpur, and Lebanon) who attended the European Association for Palliative Care’s 17th World Congress in October.
- LMIC Educational Opportunity! Apply now for the affordable, award-winning, effective Fellowship in Palliative Care. Learn more about it, and hear what graduates say.
- IAHPC News
- Revised IAHPC Recognition Awards Program: nominations close on Dec. 31.
- First 2 modules of our 2021-2022 Advocacy Course.
- IAHPC welcomes help with social media & seeks more book reviewers.
- Top 10 Pallipedia searches last month.
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar & New Listings in the IAHPC Global Directories.
- Great idea! Paramedics provide palliative care.
- In other news Free conference for pioneering nurses; and free, online end-of-life learning from Australia.
- World Hospice and Palliative Care Day Activities in Zambia, India’s Status Update and unexpected results from Pallium India’s 2020 Art Sale.
- Determination and Patience Rewarded In this month’s featured story, IAHPC Board Member Gulnara Kunirova lists Kazakshtan’s long-awaited changes in palliative care delivery.
- Lessons from the Literature
Under My Microscope IAHPC Research Advisor Dr. Tania Pastrana selects an article on the death rattle.
Media Watch: A potpourri Barry Ashpole compiles a selection of articles on: the surprising ineffectiveness of advance care planning, consumer perspectives of care service models, and access to palliative care reimagined.
- Meet Some of Our Lifetime Members Dr. Porter Storey
- Membership Matters
- Members’ Impact: The ATLANTES team, Dr. Chitra Venkateswaran et al.
- Members in This Month’s Newsletter
- New & Renewing Members’ List
- Last Month’s Donors
Liliana de Lima
MHA, Executive Director