On World Hospice and Palliative Care Day in Kazakhstan, 30 hospice support project volunteers celebrated by hiking to the Zaili mountains’ landmark—the Medeu Mudflow Control Dam.
Table of Contents
- Message from the Chair & Executive Director Lukas and Liliana explain that the number of longtime funders of palliative care is shrinking, and describe why your membership or donation is essential.
- Policy & Advocacy Dr. Katherine Pettus reports on a collaboration with United Nations University, an EAPC pre-congress session on expanding access to services, events in the US, India, and Western Pacific region, plus an Advocacy Course update.
- Grants in Action Reports from IAHPC Scholars (from Buenos Aires, Burkina Faso, Kuala Lumpur, and Lebanon) who attended the European Association for Palliative Care’s 17th World Congress in October.
- LMIC Educational Opportunity! Apply now for the affordable, award-winning, effective Fellowship in Palliative Care. Learn more about it, and hear what graduates say.
- IAHPC News
- Revised IAHPC Recognition Awards Program: nominations close on Dec. 31.
- First 2 modules of our 2021-2022 Advocacy Course.
- IAHPC welcomes help with social media & seeks more book reviewers.
- Top 10 Pallipedia searches last month.
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar & New Listings in the IAHPC Global Directories.
- Great idea! Paramedics provide palliative care.
- In other news Free conference for pioneering nurses; and free, online end-of-life learning from Australia.
- World Hospice and Palliative Care Day Activities in Zambia, India’s Status Update and unexpected results from Pallium India’s 2020 Art Sale.
- Determination and Patience Rewarded In this month’s featured story, IAHPC Board Member Gulnara Kunirova lists Kazakshtan’s long-awaited changes in palliative care delivery.
- Lessons from the Literature
Under My Microscope IAHPC Research Advisor Dr. Tania Pastrana selects an article on the death rattle.
Media Watch: A potpourri Barry Ashpole compiles a selection of articles on: the surprising ineffectiveness of advance care planning, consumer perspectives of care service models, and access to palliative care reimagined.
- Meet Some of Our Lifetime Members Dr. Porter Storey
- Membership Matters
- Members’ Impact: The ATLANTES team, Dr. Chitra Venkateswaran et al.
- Members in This Month’s Newsletter
- New & Renewing Members’ List
- Last Month’s Donors
Liliana de Lima
MHA, Executive Director