Purpose and objective
This award recognizes individuals who have dedicated themselves to the development and provision of palliative care, increasing the quality of life of patients with serious health related suffering both in their countries and abroad.
The goal of the IAHPC Recognition Awards Program is to increase access and optimize the practice of palliative care in the world.
The objectives of this Program are to:
- recognize individuals and institutions dedicated to alleviating serious health related suffering of patients and their families in order to improve their quality of life, and
- bring these individuals and institutions to the attention of policy makers, other institutions, and relevant organizations.
Awards will consist of a US $1,000 prize for the winner located in each income level, a certificate, and a free one-year IAHPC membership.
The income level categories per the World Bank, are high, middle, and low. To find your country’s income category, visit the World Bank income website.
IAHPC will convene a selection committee to evaluate the applications and select the best nominations. The winner will be selected based on the information provided in the application. The committee will be evaluating the extent to which care the nominee has worked to advance palliative care provision, education, research, and service provision in his/her community and country.
- The individual who is nominating the candidate for the award is a current member of IAHPC. Visit the IAHPC members page to see if you are listed as a current member. If you wish to join or renew your membership, go to membership application page.
- Individuals who have received the IAHPC Recognition Award in the past. See past winners.
- Members of the IAHPC board of directors, officers, staff, and advisers, are not eligible for this award.
- Applications must be received before December 31st. Applications received after this date will be considered for the following year.
Rules to apply
- Candidates have to be nominated by an IAHPC member. No self-nominations are allowed.
- Nominators are IAHPC members. Nominees may or may not be a current IAHPC member.
- Nominations are to be submitted online only.
- Documents need to be submitted in English. Staff representatives may prepare text in a different language and use a translation tool such as DeepL or Google translate.
- Deadline to apply is December 31st. Nominations submitted after this date will not be considered.
Download the sample of the nomination form. When you have the information ready, complete the online form.
Nominate an individual