At the Asa Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Conference in October: IAHPC Scholar Edmar Elorte, IAHPC board member Prof. Maria Cigolini, IAHPC Scholars Nicholas Law and Bhanu Pratap Maurya, and Dr. Rumalie (Mae) Corvera, Philippine’s national director for hospice and palliative care. Photo used with permission.
Table of Contents
- Dear Readers Lukas and Liliana on the launch of IAHPC’s Recognition Awards, and the critical importance of IAHPC’s annual end-of-year fundraiser.
- Policy & Advocacy Katherine Pettus reports on two WHO regional meetings (Europe & Western Pacific), a joint call to action for essential medicines in conflict areas, and a new International Day of Care and Support.
- IAHPC News
- What to know when you see our fundraising popup at the end of November.
- IAHPC’s Recognition Awards: criteria on nominating an individual, or applying for your institution.
- Apply for an IAHPC Scholarship to the Latin-American congress in March 2024.
- IAHPC institutional member seal unveiled.
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar.
- Special Report A report by Board Member Maria Cigolini, an IAHPC representative at the the Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Conference in Korea.
- Grants in Action The four IAHPC Scholars attending the Asia Pacific Hospice Palliative Care Conference report on their experiences & share their posters.
- Featured Story Caregivers & communication (Part 2 of 2): advice for family caregivers, by IAHPC Board Member Barry Ashpole.
- Lessons from the Literature On My Radar Caregiving is the topic of a selection of articles from Literature Search #7, compiled by Barry Ashpole.
- In Memoriam Cudeca Foundation's tribute to Juan Pablo Leiva Santos, president of SECPAL, the Spanish Society for Palliative Care.
- Membership Matters Snapshot: charts that show where the IAHPC membership stands (by income & regional distribution) at the end of 2023's third quarter.
- Our current membership, in at-a-glance chart form.
- New & Renewing Members’ List
- Last Month’s Donors
Senior Advocacy and Partnerships Director
Liliana de Lima
The contents of this newsletter, including (but not limited to) all written material, images, photos are protected under international copyright laws and are property of the IAHPC. You may share the IAHPC newsletter preserving the original design, the IAHPC logo, and the link to the IAHPC website, but you are not allowed to reproduce, modify, or republish any material without prior written permission from the IAHPC.