A photo of the Montenegro shoreline taken by a longtime IAHPC member, Canadian Dr. Kim Adzich, during a trip to the country of his ancestors. Read more in Meet Some of Our Longtime Members. Photo used with permission.
Table of Contents
- A Personal Message Executive Director Liliana De Lima shares fond memories of Dr. Derek Doyle.
- Dr. Derek Doyle, 1931-2022 A short biography and remembrances of the influential, humble, and kind Dr. Derek Doyle, one of IAHPC’s three cofounders.
- Policy & Advocacy January was a busy month of online meetings, reported on by Dr. Katherine Pettus.
- IAHPC News
- IAHPC Advocacy Course Module 3: Advocating for Essential Palliative Care Medicines is now available.
- Reminder Apply for a scholarship to the Bruges public health palliative care conference.
- Pallipedia racked up 190,017 views in 2021, plus December’s Top 10 list.
- IAHPC Global Directories surpass 2,500 listings, plus new listings.
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar
- Great idea Life Ledger in the UK
- News from our members
- Palliative care books for Africa and Latin America / Recursos de cuidados paliativos para África y América Latina.
- New Palliative Care Initiators Online Course, Hospice Uganda.
- In other news Lancet Commission on the Value of Death begins; the Journal of Palliative Medicine invites media reviews; a Canadian Minimum National Standard for PC is of use internationally. Also: Quotable
- Special Report Five days of mayhem in Kazakhstan, a report by Gulnara Kunirova.
- Book Review Palliative Medicine: A Case-Based Manual, 4th ed., reviewed by Dr. Frank Brennan.
- Lessons from the Literature
Under My Microscope IAHPC Research Advisor Dr. Tania Pastrana selects an article on the use of parenteral lidocaine for complex cancer pain.
Media Watch: Telehealth Barry Ashpole selects articles from his weekly report, Media Watch.
- Meet Some of Our Longtime Members Canadian Dr. Kim Adzich describes his link to a Serbian hospice, and Miguel E. Rodriguez, a general manager and marketing/strategic planning professional who supports IAHPC.
- Membership Matters
- Members’ Impact
- Members in This Month’s Newsletter
- New & Renewing Members’ List
- Last Month’s Donors
Liliana de Lima
MHA, Executive Director