A recently released, award-winning film, Watch Over Me, followed three palliative care providers with CanSupport, an IAHPC member in India. Read more about it in the News section. Photo used with permission.
Table of Contents
- Message from the Chair and Executive Director Much to report: Getting Started guidelines, our WHA delegates, WHO guidance on NGOs, and the membership discount.
- Policy & Advocacy Up-to-the-minute reports by Dr. Katherine Pettus on: the WHO, WHA, the Stakeholder Group on Aging, workshops, and the Zambia Palliative Care Strategy.
- The Spanish version of IAHPC’s Global Palliative Care Database is now online. La versión en español de la Base de Datos Global de Cuidados Paliativos de la IAHPC ya está en línea.
- Wow! 20% off all IAHPC memberships until July 31!
- Our Getting Started guidelines to launching palliative care services in low- and middle-income countries have been updated
- You could be our Membership Drive Award winner! Here’s now...
- Reader recommended: One member’s variety of useful and inspiring resources
- Reminders Deadlines are approaching for IAHPC Scholarships (June 30) and submissions to our photo contest (August 31).
- In member news Watch Over Me is a film that follows caregiving at CanSupport.
- In other news Nominate someone you know for “Palliative Care Nurse of the Year”; and check out a new neurology/palliative care organization.
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar
- What’s new in the IAHPC Global Directory of Education Programs
- What’s New in the Global Directory of Palliative Care Institutions and Organizations
- Featured Story Southern Kerala’s experience of mental health & palliative care during the pandemic, by IAHPC Board Member Dr. Chitra Venkateswaran.
- IAHPC Book Reviews by Dr. Roger Woodruff
Palliative Care Book of the Month CHALLENGES AND CHOICES FOR PATIENT, CARER AND PROFESSIONAL AT THE END OF LIFE: Living with Uncertainty A very good discussion about end-of-life care.
- TOUCHING HEARTS, GENTLY! Stories of compassion, comfort and connections beyond medicine A collection of stories about palliative care.
- THE INEVITABLE: Dispatches on the Right to Die Arguments for the wider availability of assisted dying, but I wondered if she was telling the whole truth.
- PALLIATIVE CARE IN THE GLOBAL CONTEXT: An Exploration of Guiding Frameworks for Standards and Salient Factors for its Growth An exploration of the reasons for the growth in palliative care.
- Lessons from the Literature
Under My Microscope IAHPC Research Advisor Dr. Tania Pastrana selects a review of articles on deactivating implantable cardioverter defibrillators.
Media Watch: Education Barry Ashpole’s picks on clinical education and public awareness.
- Introducing Lifetime member Near North Palliative Care Network in Ontario, Canada
- Membership Matters
- A Deeper Dive: Spotlight on Africa
- Members’ Impact
- Members in this month’s Newsletter
- New & Renewing Members’ List
- List of Donors
Liliana de Lima
MHA, Executive Director
The contents of this newsletter, including (but not limited to) all written material, images, photos are protected under international copyright laws and are property of the IAHPC. You may share the IAHPC newsletter preserving the original design, the IAHPC logo, and the link to the IAHPC website, but you are not allowed to reproduce, modify, or republish any material without prior written permission from the IAHPC.