2020; Volume 21, No 2, February
Table of Contents
- Message from the Chair and Executive Director Winners of 15 Traveling Scholarships for the Latin American Congress of Palliative Care are announced. Also, we are starting to implement IAHPC’s 2020-2024 Strategic Plan.
- Policy and Advocacy Dr. Katherine Pettus describes her experience traveling to the Czech Republic for hip surgery.
- News & Calendar
- IAHPC funded three prizes at the International Palliative Care Network Poster Exhibition. Meet the winners & read their poster abstracts.
- How many members applied for Traveling Scholarships & Fellowships in 2019? A synopsis of our year-end stats.
- IAHPC’s free, online advocacy course: details, and where it can take you!
- To The Unknown God, a movie about finding meaning in life, through dealing with death.
- 26 new definitions added to Pallipedia
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar of events
- Progress Report — Cameroon.
- Feature Board Member Julia Downing on the integral role of nurses to improve global health and advance Universal Health Coverage
- IAHPC Book Review Dr. Roger Woodruff reviews the Oxford Handbook of Palliative Care, Third Edition.
- Lessons from the Literature
Under My Microscope IAHPC Research Advisor Dr. Tania Pastrana with an article on the association between palliative care and hospital intensive care units.
Media Watch: Grief & Bereavement Barry Ashpole’s selection of journal articles and a list of resources, including two thematic issues published in 2020 on grief & bereavement.
- Membership Matters
- New & Renewing Members’ List
- List of Donors
Liliana de Lima
MHA, Executive Director
The contents of this newsletter, including (but not limited to) all written material, images, photos are protected under international copyright laws and are property of the IAHPC. You may share the IAHPC newsletter preserving the original design, the IAHPC logo, and the link to the IAHPC website, but you are not allowed to reproduce, modify, or republish any material without prior written permission from the IAHPC.