2016; Volume 17, No 10, October
IAHPC Members’ Recognition Month
October is IAHPC Members' Recognition Month – win an IAHPC Traveling Scholarship or Fellowship!
IAHPC benefits every day from the hard work of our members who are devoted to the advancement of hospice and palliative care worldwide. Members exemplify a continuing commitment to patient care, improved education and favorable policies, consistent with our mission.
October is our Members’ Recognition Month when we highlight the vital function that our members play in the advancement of our mission and formally acknowledge their support.
IAHPC will be giving a prize in the following two categories:
- Goal: to maintain the loyalty of members by giving a prize to those individuals and institution(s) who keep their memberships active over the years.
- Conditions: The prize will be an IAHPC Traveling Scholarship or Traveling Fellowship of $2,000. The winner will be assigned through a raffle among the members that meet the eligibility criteria.
- Eligibility: Open to current IAHPC members (individuals and institutions) who have kept their membership active for at least two consecutive years by 31 October 2016. Institutions may be represented by a single designated individual.
Goal: to increase the number of members by giving a prize to the current member who brings the highest number of new or renewed members.
- Conditions: The prize will be an IAHPC Travelling Scholarship or Traveling Fellowship of $2,000. The current member who brings the highest number of new or renewed members until 31 October 2016 will be the winner.
- Eligibility: Open to current IAHPC members (individuals and institutions) in all countries of the world. Institutions may be represented by a single designated individual. Only registered participants will be eligible to participate.
Note: IAHPC staff members, relatives and directors are not eligible to participate. Winners will be announced the week of 28 November 2016.
IAHPC Membership Benefits – tell your friends and colleagues
Below are just some of the great benefits available to our members:
- Unlimited access/downloads of full text articles from leading palliative care journals online including:
- Journal of Palliative Medicine
- Palliative Medicine
- Progress in Palliative Care
- Journal of Pain and Palliative Care Pharmacotherapy
- And many more!
- Free copy of the UT MD Anderson Supportive and Palliative Care Handbook (5th edition). A practical bedside book to assist clinicians in the daily care of their patients. You only have to pay for shipping and handling.
- Unlimited access/downloads of palliative care tools and resources,such as the Palliative Care Reference Cards from the Institute of Palliative Medicine.
- Support and participate in IAHPC’s global aims
- Ensuring Global Opioid Availability with the WHO, INCB, and other UN Organizations
- Implementing Essential Medicines and Essential Palliative Care Practices in every country
- Participate in research projects.
- Eligibility for a travel grant to learn or teach.
Remember to renew your membership, if you haven’t already, and be eligible to participate!
Read the stories of two of the winners of the 2015 IAHPC Members’ Recognition Month Awards in the February and March issues of the newsletter.
Previous Page | News Index | Next Page