Articles and Presentations from Experts
- Pain Relief as a Human Right. By Frank Brennan and Michael J. Cousins. IASP Pain Clinical Updates. Volume XII, No. 5, March 2004.
- A human rights approach to the WHO Model List of Essential Medicines. Xavier Seuba. Bulletin of the WHO Organization, Vol 84(5)2006.
- Is access to essential medicines as part of the fulfilment of the right to health enforceable through the courts?
Hans V Hogerzeil, Melanie Samson, Jaume Vidal Casanovas, Ladan Rahmani-Ocora The Lancet,Vol 368 July 22, 2006
- Essential medicines and human rights: what can they learn from each other?
Hans V Hogerzeil. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2006;84:371-375.
- Pain Management: A fundamental Human Right.
Frank Brennan, Daniel B. Carr, and Michael Cousins. Journal Anesthesia and Analgesia, Vol. 105(1), 2007.
- Palliative Care as a Human Right.
By Frank Brennan, Liz Gwyther and Richard Harding. Sponsored by and Calvary Health Care, Hospice and Palliative Care Association of South Africa, University of Cape Town, King's College and Open Society Institute. (2007)
- Palliative Care as a Human Right Power point presentation.
By Dr. Liz Gwyther at the African Association for Palliative Care Conference, September 2007.
- Palliative Care as an International Human Right.
By Frank Brennan, Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. Vol 33(5), 2007.
- History, principles, and practice of health and human rights.
Sofie Gruskind, Edard Mills, Daneil Tarantola. The Lancet 370: 449-455. (2007)
- Derechos Humanos y Cuidados Paliativos.
By Lisbeth Quesada Tristan. Rev Med Honduras, 2008; 76: 39-43 (in Spanish)
- Does ratification of human-rights treaties have effects on population health?
The Lancet, Volume 373, Issue 9679, Pages 1987 - 1992, 6 June 2009.
Palmer A, Tomkinson J, Phung C, Ford N, Joffres M, Fernandes KA, Zeng L, Lima V, Montaner JSG, Guyatt GH, Mills EJ.
- Access to pain treatment as a human right BMC Medicine 2010, 8:8 /1741-7015/8/8. (2010)
Lohman D, Schleifer R, Amon JJ.
- The right to Palliative Care as a Human Right.
Power point presentation by Liliana De Lima at the Congress of the European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC), June 2013.
- ￼Advance Care Planning for Slovenia Providers and states’ obligations in the framework of Biomedical ethics and international law.
Dr. Katherine Irene Pettus, PhD
Sources of International Law Supporting Access to Opioids for Paediatric Palliative Care.
Katherine Irene Pettus PhD; Liliana De Lima MS, MHA
- Legal, ethical, and spiritual foundations of ACP.
Katherine Irene Pettus PhD
- Palliative care for all: identifying and removing barriers for non-cancer px.
Dr. Katherine Pettus, PhD
- The International Association of Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC) Improving Access to Palliative Care and Pain Treatment Around the Globe .
- Safe availability of opioids in Vietnam.