October is IAHPC Members' Recognition Month – win an IAHPC Traveling Scholarship or Fellowship!
IAHPC benefits every day from the hard work of our members who are devoted to the advancement of hospice and palliative care worldwide. Members exemplify a continuing commitment to patient care, improved education and favorable policies, consistent with our mission.
October is our Members’ Recognition Month when we highlight the vital function that our members play in the advancement of our mission and formally acknowledge their support.
IAHPC will be giving a prize in the following two categories:
Recognizing Loyalty – All you have to do is make sure your membership is up to date!
- Goal: to maintain the loyalty of members by giving a prize to those individuals and institution(s) who keep their memberships active over the years.
- Conditions: The prize will be an IAHPC Traveling Scholarship or Traveling Fellowship of $2,000. The winner will be assigned through a raffle among the members that meet the eligibility criteria.
- Eligibility: Open to current IAHPC members (individuals and institutions) who have kept their membership active for at least two consecutive years by 31 October 2017. Institutions may be represented by a single designated individual.
- Goal: to increase the number of members by giving a prize to the current member who brings the highest number of new or renewed members.
- Conditions: The prize will be an IAHPC Travelling Scholarship or Traveling Fellowship of $2,000. The current member who brings the highest number of new or renewed individual and/or institutional members until 31 October 2017 will be the winner.
- Eligibility: Open to current IAHPC members (individuals and institutions). Since institutions have three staff members who benefit from the membership, institutional members must identify one staff member as their representative to participate in the Membership Recognition Award.
- An individual member will count as 1 point towards the Membership Recognition Award. An institution will count as 2 points.
Note: IAHPC staff members, relatives and directors are not eligible to participate. Winners will be announced the week of 26 November 2017.
IAHPC Membership Benefits – tell your friends and colleagues
Below are just some of the great benefits available to our members:
- Unlimited access/downloads of full text articles from leading journals, including the following palliative care journals:
- Palliative Medicine
- Journal of Palliative Medicine
- Journal of Pain and Palliative Care Pharmacotherapy
- Progress in Palliative Care
- Indian Journal of Palliative Care
And many others, including:
- American Journal of Bioethics*
- American Journal of Public Health
- BMC Nursing
- Bulletin of the World Health Organization
- European Journal of Public Health*
- Wounds International
(*Delay to full access by publisher)
To see the list of journals that your IAHPC Membership will enable you to access click here.
- Unlimited access/downloads of palliative care tools and resources, such as the Palliative Care Reference Cards from the Institute of Palliative Medicine.
- Support and participate in IAHPC’s global aims
- Ensuring Global Opioid Availability with the WHO, INCB, and other UN Organizations
- Implementing Essential Medicines and Essential Palliative Care Practices in every country
- Participate in research projects.
- Eligibility for a travel grant to learn or teach.
Remember to renew your membership, if you haven’t already,
Renew your membership
and be eligible to participate!