Global Directory of Palliative Care Institutions and Organizations

Listing details


"Jenny Karezi" Palliative Care Unit - National and Kapodistrian University

Description
The "Jenny Karezi" Palliative Care Unit of the Medical School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, offers free integrated and specialized palliative care to chronic patients (cancer patients and non-cancer patients). The largest number of cases are patients with cancer in about 75%, while the remaining 25% include patients with chronic diseases. The Unit is staffed with specialized personnel. The purpose of the multidisciplinary team (doctors, nurses, psychologists) of our Unit is the complete and continuous care of the patient and his family. Controlling pain and other physical symptoms, as well as psychological, social and spiritual problems, is a priority for us as we aim to achieve the best possible quality of life for patients and their families
Region
Europe
Country
Greece
City
Athens
Address
Athens 157 72, Greece
Website
http://www.monadaanakoufisis.gr/
Contact person
Prof. Kyriaki Mystakidou, MD,PhD

Update or confirm the information of this listing

This directory is copyrighed by IAHPC. Any use of the information contained in this directory should acknowledge IAHPC as the source.
Last update: October 27, 2020
This site is for informational purposes only. The use of the information contained in this directory is forbidden for commercial purposes.
The IAHPC does not assume liability for errors or omissions.


Need help?

Contact Julia Libreros, Coordinator Directory Services

IAHPC disclaimer and policy statement