Planned giving, estate donations
- Bequest: Contact your attorney for advice about establishing or amending your will to include a donation to hospice care and name the International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care (IAHPC) as the recipient of the donation. Include any special instructions to IAHPC regarding the use of your donations and if there are programs you prefer to support. Indicate the dollar amount or the total percentage of your estate for your gift to IAHPC as well as naming any specific belongings or real estate to be distributed to IAHPC.
If you include IAHPC in your will or beneficiary designation, please use the following bequest language:
International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care
5535 Memorial Drive
Suite F-PMB 509
Houston, TX 77007, USA
Tax ID number: 76-0674392
- Individual retirement accounts: Depending on each individual situation, IRAs and other retirement accounts can be subject not only to estate tax but also to income tax if passed directly to your heirs - even if the estate tax does not apply. Designating IAHPC as your beneficiary on your plan is usually the most tax-efficient way for you to include us in your estate plan, as it reduces the income tax to your heirs and could qualify for the estate tax charitable deduction. To name IAHPC as the beneficiary of your IRA or retirement plan, please request a beneficiary designation form from your Plan Administrator and name IAHPC as the beneficiary using the bequest language above.
- Life insurance: By donating your life insurance you will be benefiting global hospice development in your estate planning as probate is avoided, passing donations directly to IAHPC. To name IAHPC as the beneficiary of your life insurance, please request a beneficiary designation form from your life insurance agent and identify IAHPC by using the bequest language above.
- Stocks and mutual funds: There is a special income tax incentive for gifts of appreciated securities held more than one year. The capital gains tax on the appreciation is avoided, and the full fair maket value of the securities are treated as a charitable contribution.
- Other options: Other options that you may consider include charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, gift annuities, and making bank or securities accounts "Payable on death" to IAHPC. Please consult your tax advisor and legal counsel to decide which one is best suitable for your personal situation.
If you have any questions or need additional information on any of these topics, you may contact the IAHPC accounting adviser:
Laura Gallier CPA, P.C.
P.O. Box 937
Sugar Land, TX 77487