Traveling Scholarship Program since 1998
Purpose: to support the travel of Palliative Care and hospice workers and leaders from developing countries to attend courses, workshops, seminars, fellowships, congresses or any other educational activity around the world.
To date IAHPC has supported 200 scholars from Afghanistan, Argentina, Belize, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Egypt, Georgia, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Lithuania, Malawi, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Sudan, Uganda and Vietnam to courses, seminars and congresses in Australia, Austria, Canada, USA, UK, Singapore, Spain, and South Africa.
Through the Traveling Scholarship Program, IAHPC is making a significant difference to the progress of palliative care in the developing world.
Click here to see the names of the grantees of this program.
This is an ongoing program and applications are accepted throughout the year. However, for certain events, IAHPC may set deadlines in order to be able to review and complete the process before the event starts.
In order to apply for a traveling scholarship grant, the following criteria must be met:
- Applications should be submitted at least 3 months in advance of the expected dates of travel. Applications received with less time, will also be reviewed but there is no guarantee that the applicant may receive an answer before his/her travel date.
- Applications are open only to IAHPC members. Individuals who wish to join may do so, through our website by clicking here.
- The program is designed to support not only medical doctors. Applicants from other disciplines working in palliative care are welcomed.
- Preference will be given to applications which describe long term goals and lead to improvements in any or all the following areas: patient practice, service development, education, opioid availability and policy.
- Preference will be given to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Are at least 50% dedicated to palliative care in their current work
- Have not received grants from IAHPC in the past 2 years
- Graduated less than 10 years ago from specialty or medical school
- Have an accepted abstract for poster / oral presentation
The organization gratefully acknowledges the generous financial support of our sponsors and donors who make this program possible.
Click here to apply for an IAHPC traveling scholarship.
Click here for more information.