Traveling Scholarships Program
This is an ongoing program and applications are accepted throughout the year. However, for certain events, IAHPC may set deadlines in order to be able to review and complete the process before the event starts. We need enough time to review your application and prepare the required paperwork in case it is awarded. Applications should be received at least 3 months in advance of your expected travel and meeting.
This program offers funding for travel and registration only. You need to secure funding from other sources to cover additional expenses.
Applicants from all disciplines working in palliative care are welcomed. In order to apply for a traveling scholarship grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have not received grants from IAHPC in the past 3 years
- Be current IAHPC members. Individuals who wish to join may do so, through our website.
- Preference will be given to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Currently living in a developing country and actively working in palliative care.
- Are at least 50% dedicated to palliative care in their current work
- Graduated less than 10 years ago from specialty or medical school
- Have an accepted abstract for poster / oral presentation
Preference will be given to applications which describe long term goals and lead to improvements in any or all the following areas: service provision, education, availability and access to medicines, and public policy.
Click here for more information.