AYUSH & Integrative Medicine in Uttar Pradesh sent us this photo of an International Women's Day function it organized this year. Read more about the organization in Meet Some of Our Lifetime Members. Photo used with permission.
Table of Contents
- Message from the Chair & Executive Director Why World Hospice and Palliative Care Day matters, and details of a shakeup in the roles of some of the IAHPC team.
- Policy & Advocacy Dr. Katherine Pettus lists the many upcoming events where IAHPC has a presence. Also, an 8-module Introduction to Advocacy course for members, created by Dr. Pettus, kicks off with a freely available overview of palliative care advocacy.
- IAHPC News
- Latin America has achieved significant advances in palliative care, reveals a secondary analysis of ALCP’s Atlases. América Latina ha logrado importantes avances en materia de cuidados paliativos, revela un análisis secundario de los Atlas de la ALCP.
- The list of 30 IAHPC Scholars selected for 3 upcoming conferences.
- Webinar series on children’s palliative care begins Sept. 16
- Winners of our Photo Contest will be announced in the October issue.
- Become an IAHPC book reviewer!
- New terms in Pallipedia & Top 10 searches last month
- What’s new in the IAHPC Calendar
- New listings in the IAHPC global directories
- News from our Partners/Other News
- Pallium India’s Sukh-Dukh Helpline aids callers with emotional distress
- ICPCN and WHPCA’s online toolkits to prepare for “Hats and Masks On for Children’s Palliative Care” and World Hospice and Palliative Care Day
- APHN’s 20th anniversary: a poetry collection written by health care workers on the topic of death, and an opportunity to share your memories
- Also: A Grief Handbook to benefit the South Africa Hospice Association, and free ICU grief training for clinicians now available in French as well as English
- Featured Story IAHPC Board Member Dr. Nahla Gafer describes the journey of one patient in Sudan, and delivers glowing reports from hospital clinicians who took a SANAD course created after interviews with the hospital’s administrators and staff.
- Introducing... Yathu Hospice, Malawi
- IAHPC Book Reviews IAHPC invites those interested in doing book reviews to contact Newsletter Editor Alison Ramsey; a sampling of titles is provided.
- Lessons from the Literature
Under My Microscope IAHPC Research Advisor Dr. Tania Pastrana selects an article on medical management of malignant bowel obstruction.
Media Watch: Nursing Barry Ashpole compiles a selection of articles: a nurse-led telephone PC program, 28 end-of-life care practices endorsed by Australian nurses, and PC nursing in Oman.
- Meet Some of Our Lifetime Members Dr. Jennifer Ong in Australia and Dr. Piyush Gupta in India.
- Membership Matters
- Individual membership breakdown by educational credentials
- Members’ Impact
- Members in this month’s Newsletter
- New & Renewing Members’ List
- List of Donors
Liliana de Lima
MHA, Executive Director