- Message from the Chair and Executive Director Lukas and Liliana list and reflect upon significant events for palliative care and the IAHPC in 2019.
- Policy and Advocacy Dr. Katherine Pettus relays the good news of two big national advocacy successes, one in Malaysia, the other in Zimbabwe. Also: IAHPC’s free online Basic Advocacy Course for members has been launched!
- Meet the 2019 IAHPC Loyalty Award and Members’ Recognition Award recipients.
- December 15 is the deadline to apply for an IAHPC Traveling Scholarship to the Latin American palliative care congress in Costa Rica.
- Global Giving Day is December 3, but your opportunity to help relieve health-related suffering continues past that date.
- Love trying new apps? IAHPC seeks an app reviewer for the Newsletter.
- What’s New in the IAHPC Calendar
- Grants in Action Reports by Traveling Scholarship recipients on the conferences they attended: the International African Palliative Care Congress, EAPC World Congress, and Oceanic Palliative Care Conference.
Palliative care challenges and progress in the Caribbean, written by Dr. Dingle Spence, IAHPC Board Member.
Why palliative care doctors should use social media, written by Dr. Carlos Roa Gama of Mexico City.
- IAHPC Book Reviews A roundup of Dr. Roger Woodruff's 2019 Books of the Month.
- Lessons from the Literature
Under My Microscope IAHPC Research Advisor Dr. Tania Pastrana explains why she selected an article on palliative care in the emergency department.
Media Watch: The Homeless Barry Ashpole delves into the literature on palliative care for this particularly vulnerable group of people.
List of Members New & Renewing Members’ List
- List of Donors