International and Regional Conventions and Treaties (legally binding documents)
- UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, UN, 1948.
- General Comment No. 14: The right to the highest attainable standard of health.
Substantive issues arising in the implementation of the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.Committee on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights Twenty-second session 25 April-12 May 2000, WHO Geneva.
- UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
General comment No. 15 on the right of the child to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health (art. 24). (2013)
- Organization of American States (OAS).
Inter-American Convention on Protecting the Human Rights of Older Persons (2015).
- Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs (1961).
- Convention on Psychotropic Substances (1971).