Traveling Scholarships Program
This is an ongoing program and applications are accepted throughout the year. However, for certain events, IAHPC may set deadlines in order to be able to review and complete the process before the event starts. We need enough time to review your application and prepare the required paperwork in case it is awarded. Applications should be received at least 3 months in advance of your expected travel and meeting.
This program offers funding for travel and registration only. You need to secure funding from other sources to cover additional expenses.
Applicants from all disciplines working in palliative care are welcomed. In order to apply for a traveling scholarship grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have not received grants from IAHPC in the past 3 years.
- Be current IAHPC members. If you wish to apply and are not an IAHPC member, you may join by clicking here.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- have been IAHPC active members for two or more consecutive years.
- whose institution is an IAHPC active member. See institutional members here.
- are living in Lower, Lower-Middle and Upper-Middle income categories as per the World Bank income classification data. See here.
- are dedicated full-time to palliative care in their current work.
- graduated less than 10 years ago from university.
- have an accepted abstract for poster / oral presentation. Proof of acceptance I required.
- describe in their applications long term goals which lead to improvements in any or all of the following areas: service provision; education; availability of and access to medicines; and public policy.
Apply for an IAHPC traveling scholarship
See the names of the grantees of this program
Global Map - Traveling Scholars
Click here for more information.