Small Grants Program for Palliative Care Development in Africa
Application Guidelines for 2012
The Trustees of the True Colours Trust have set aside funds towards a small grants program for hospices and palliative care providers across Africa to support the development of palliative care in the continent. The size of grants will range from £500 - £5,000.
Trustees favor support for items which directly improve the patient experience and the standard of palliative care services. Priority is given to the following, in no particular order:
- Equipment for patients (beds, wheelchairs etc.)
- Palliative care for children and young people (this could include purchasing toys and integrating children’s services into an existing program etc)
- Palliative care medicines
- Capital improvement costs (such as refurbishing buildings to improve the patient experience, buying furniture etc.)
- Increasing access to palliative care in rural areas
- Training courses for palliative care service providers held in Africa
The deadline for applications is 1st March and 1st September - trustees review applications twice a year in April and October, respectively.
More information and application forms available from the African Palliative Care Association website (www.africanpalliativecare.org) and/or the Programme Officer, Small Grants at APCA (Ph +256 414 266251, email at firstname.lastname@example.org.)