Welcome to the CINAHL database
If you are not an member or your membership is expired, please join/renew online by clicking here.
If you do not remember your membership number, please contact Ana Restrepo, Operations Officer clicking here.
For easier and faster searches follow these steps:
To access the database, search and download articles and papers, please follow the steps below.
You can also learn by watching this tutorial.
First, you must uncheck block pop-ups (if configured) as in some browsers, the full text articles may appear as pop-ups. To do this, go to tools, options and then content. Uncheck “Block pop-up windows” if it is checked.
Second, in the boxes above, enter your IAHPC membership number and the email you used when you registered your membership. If you do not know your membership number or the email you used, or if you are unable to log in, contact Ana Restrepo, IAHPC Operations Officer.
Once logged in, follow these steps:
- Click on EBSCOhost Research Databases
- Click on Publications at the left top of the page – a new window will open
- Type the journal’s name in the browsing window below the phrase Browsing: CINAHL with Full Text – PublicationsYou can also search the journal by using the letters in the alphabet listed in the same page.
- When you locate the Journal you searched, click on it – a new window will appear listing the volumes and editions on the right.
- Select the year corresponding to the paper you wish to see.
- Select the issue you wish to see. A new window will open listing the articles in the selected issue. Locate the paper you wish to see/download and click on linked full text.
- A new window with the article you selected will appear. If you wish to download it, save it in your computer as a pdf file.
Note: Articles in the following journals will have a link called LINKED FULL TEXT: Journal of Palliative Medicine, Palliative Medicine, Progress in Palliative Care and Pain & Palliative Care Pharmacotherapy.
Articles in the following journal will appear HTML Full Text: Internet Journal of Pain, Symptom Control & Palliative Care.
Articles in the Indian Journal of Palliative Care, International Journal of Palliative Nursing will appear as PDF files.
If you are unable to see/download the articles, please contact Ana Restrepo, Operations Manager.